6′ X 4′ Video with John Moynihan
Summary of the video
- Very popular size of goals
- US soccer instituted this size for U8 and under
Who uses 6’ x 4’ soccer goals?
- People use these goals for smaller tournaments and games
- They are great for backyard usage
- Colleges and High Schools use them for small games and practices
What are some factors in deciding which 6’ x 4’ soccer goal is best for you?
- How often are you going to move the goal?
- Who is doing the moving?
- Where are you going to store the goal?
- What is your budget?
- How long do you want them to last?
What are the most popular 6’ x 4’ Soccer Goals? (Least expensive to most expensive)
- The Bownet – Collapsible goal that fits into a bag and can easily be moved from site to site.
- Folding Aluminum Goal – This goal folds flat so it is easy to store and transport. It is also an easy set-up
- Budget Goal – This goal is pre-assembled and can’t be taken apart. This is an inexpensive goal.
- One-piece Small Sided Steel Goal – This goal is already welded together and is very strong and durable. This goal has a cable-net attachment which makes it easy to put the net on and take it off.
- 3 or 4inch Round aluminum Goal – This goal is becoming more popular because it has the appearance of a full size goal but is only a 6’ X 4’ goal. It is strong and durable but is more expensive.
Transcription of the Video
John – 6′ x 4′ soccer goals have become a very popular sized soccer goals since US soccer
instituted that all U8 and under age groups must play with this size. We also find that people use
6 x 4 sizes for small-sided tournaments and games. It is a good size for people that have
backyards and colleges and high schools often use it for small-sided games and practices.
John – Factors that go into deciding what 6 x 4 goal makes the most sense for you comes down
to a few factors. 1. How often you are going to move your goal? 2. Whose doing the moving? 3.
Where are you going to store the goals? 4. What is your budget and how long do you expect the
goals to last.
John – The most popular 6 x 4 goals going from the least expensive to the most expensive
include: 1. The Bownet 6 x 4 goal, which is a classical goal that fits into a bag. They can be carried
from site to site and can be put in the trunk of the car or the backseat of the car. 2. We have a
folding aluminum goal that folds flat so it is easy to store, transport and set up. 3. We have a
budget goal that is fully assembled and can’t be taken apart and it is also inexpensive. 4. We
have a one piece small-sided steel goal that is welded together, so it is extremely strong and
durable. This one has a cable-net attachment so it is easy to put the net on and take it off. It is
becoming more common for groups to look at the 3 and 4inch round aluminum goals with that
4 x 6 size. These are good for someone who wants them to have the look of a full size soccer
goal and we find those price-wise are a lot more expensive than most groups want to pay for 6 x