A Motorized Gym Divider curtain or net is mounted to the ceiling and is raised and lowered by a motor. The gym divider folds up as it is raised. The biggest advantage of a motorized divider curtain or net is that one person can raise and lower the curtain or net. However, Motorized Gym Dividers must be attached to a joist, so the building needs to be designed to support them. Contact us to discuss if a Motorized Gym Divider is right for your facility. Our design team will be happy to discuss your situation with you.
Advantages of Motorized Gym Dividers:
- One person can raise and lower the divider curtain or net.
Disadvantages of Motorized Gym Dividers:
- Takes time to raise and lower divider curtain or net.
- Motorized divider curtains and nets can be expensive.
- Maintenance on motorized divider curtains and nets can be expensive.
- They must attach to a joist, so the building needs to be designed for it.
- Net is stored in-between or under beams.
Best Material Options For Motorized Gym Dividers:
- Vinyl curtain with Snyder Mesh top.
- Flex-Mesh curtain with vinyl base
- Netting with D-rings sewn into it and weighted base.
- Note: Curtains are a better option for motorized systems than nets.
Information on material options:
Easy to see through
Strong, durable material
Holds it’s shape well
Available in white, grey and black.
Strong durable material
Holds it shape well
Let’s light through, but not as easy to see through as Flex-Mesh
Colors: White and black common. A color chart of other options is also available upon request.
Adds weight at bottom
You can’t see through it
Available in many colors
You can combine any height of vinyl with either Flex-Mesh or Snyder Mesh. If you don’t want to see through part of the curtain, 8’ vinyl on the bottom with Snyder Mesh above it is common. If you want to see through the curtain, a Flex-Mesh curtain with a vinyl base of 1’, 2’ or 3’ is a good choice.
A variety of options
You can see through it, although view can be obstructed depending on how big the mesh is.
Also common is an all Snyder Mesh or all Flex-Mesh curtain with a strip of vinyl at the bottom with a pocket for a chain weight to help keep balls from rolling under the curtain when in use.